Apply for the 2022 Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarship for Nigerians.
The United States Embassy in Nigeria is seeking low-income students who are academically qualified and highly motivated to participate in the Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarship Program (OFP).
OFP’s objective is to help brilliant and motivated low-income students who are eligible for financial aid from U.S. colleges and universities but lack the financial resources to meet the upfront cost of admission.
Since 2004, the program has awarded 400 students with full scholarships at North America’s most prestigious schools and universities.
Summary of the Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarship
- Host Nation: USA
- Category: Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D. Scholarships
- Eligible Nation: Nigeria
- Reward: GRE fees, English Proficiency test fees, US Application fees, VISA fees, SEVIS fees, Flight fees, Settlement Stipend
- Closing date: April 30th, 2022
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for the Education USA Opportunity Funds Scholarship Program:
- High strong academic records (7 AIs in 2020 or 2021 WASSCE
- A 1st class graduate result ( STEM preferred)
- Excellent participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in leadership role
- Outstanding participation in community service
Scholarship duration and reward
Education USA Organizers will guide you through the college application process through frequent workshops.
We’ll begin with an application boot camp and continue with seminars on researching your options, paying for your education, finishing your application, including how to write a personal statement or college essay, applying for a student visa, and preparing for departure throughout the year.
Scholarships from the program and the upfront fees of applying to universities in the United States will be covered by the scholars. We will pay for standardized testing, application fees (up to a certain amount), an international passport, a flight ticket to the United States, visa and SEVIS fees, and, if available, a settling-in allowance.
We may cover the cost of a credential examination, mailing transcripts, I-20 forms, or supplementary score reports if extenuating circumstances exist and funds are available (if we are operating virtually).
The program does not provide funding for scholars to study in the United States. The scholar must work diligently to apply to universities in the United States that can supply them with complete funding.
Successful candidates become US Government Alumni and are eligible to apply for program funds in the same way that all other alumni are.
The following documents must be submitted when applying:
NOTE: If WAEC results aren’t available, the candidate must be in SS3 right now. If there are WAEC results, they must be from the May/June WAEC. Students who have already begun their studies at a university are not eligible to apply.
- End-of-year reports for SS1 and 2 (word or PDF files only)
- WAEC result (mock) or WAEC result (word or PDF files only)
- Other supplementary materials (word or PDF files only)
- A copy of your university record/transcript if available (PDF files only)
- Copy of the result/degree statement (PDF files)
- Please submit a comprehensive academic curriculum vitae (PDF files only)
- A scanned copy of any other accomplishment certificates (PDF files only)
- PDF files only (copy of GRE result) (recommended for Engineering students)
How to apply
Candidates who are interested and qualified should apply online by clicking here. Interviews will be held in June for successful applicants. Alternatively, eligible candidates can also apply using the link below.